This morning I went to the nearby HUGE sports center- it has a pool, fitness center, basketball courts, spin classes, etc etc. like the Y but much better :) so while my cousin attended her weekly aerobics class (which she says she swears the instructor pops some pills or gets high or something before every class because she's insane), I went to the fitness center and ran. they have a card system where you swipe a card to get in and it times you and you have an hour; and I couldn't figure out how to work it. can you say awkward. I'm standing there holding the card to the sensor when you're supposed to put it in the slot and the line of people behind me thought I was stupid....
The actual running part, though, was horrendous. Because Taiwan's so hot, after running just a fourth of a mile, I was sweating like I had run 5. and then it all went downhill from there...when you look down and your arms have beads of sweat on each pore (that sounds gross) that reappear almost instantly when you wipe them off, it sucks.
on the plus side, today I taught my cousin the meaning of the abbreviation LMFAO. and then she Laughed Her FAO.
maybe it's just that I'm nt used to living in big cities, but the air quality here must not be as good as home because when I blew my nose, my boogers came out dark gray. however disgusting that is. weren't you just dying to know that?
in the afternoon, my cousin (the aerobics one) and I went to Xi Men Ding, the teen shopping central. a big network of roads about the size of downtown, it has yummy food, cheap clothes stores and department stores (UniQlo!!), cute asian stores, Korean make up stores (Etude House FTW), etc etc. (and that's when it rained.)
I got attacked by my cousin and tester nail polish.
oh here's something interesting. for dinner tonight, the menu included clams, veggies, and rice as well as duck wings, duck intestines, and duck tongue. I had had intestines before (really, they're my FAVORITE) but tongue was interesting. it tasted like chicken but theres like, nothing there- basically eating around bone and you get barely any meat :P
No comments:
Post a Comment